The NBA is looking for the best format to solve its season that by now would be facing the finals, which would have started on June 4, and would be just around the corner. However, nothing is further from reality, since it is one of the most important competitions for which its future is not yet known.
From the direction they are already looking for different options to end the campaign, and the latest proposal takes the form of the World Cup , according to Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer. The format would be more inclusive than the playoffs are and 20 teams will participate instead of the 16 that are in normal conditions.
In the first place, the teams will be divided into five categories according to their classification in the table, with ten teams from each conference, with the following teams classified:
- Eastern Conference : Milwaukee Bucks, Toronto Raptors, Boston Celtics, Miami Heat, Indiana Pacers, Philadelphia 76ers, Brooklyn Nets, Orlando Magic, Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets.
- Western Conference : Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Denver Nuggets, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, Memphis Grizzlies, Portland Trail Blazers, New Orleans Pelicans.
All this possible if the option to end the season in a single venue prospers, otherwise the logistics will be more complicated. The players themselves will also play a key role, despite having a good willingness to resume the season, “they need a certain level of certainty” in terms of health.
- George Floyd’s death made Ben Simmons, Allen Iverson, join NBA players and speak up - May 30, 2020
- Marcus Cromartie asks Melvin Gordon for A “fanless stadiums” Match - May 29, 2020
- Best Pitching And Batting Strategies To Win The Baseball Match in 2020 - May 29, 2020
- Want To Be A Great And Famous Baseball Player? Learn From The Top Tips! - May 29, 2020
- Top Great Hitting Tips For Youth Baseball Players 2020 - May 29, 2020